Custom Training and Development
WWCG provides a wide-range of training and development services to ensure our clients attract, develop and retain the talent necessary to be successful. We provide turnkey training management services; conduct training needs assessments; design, develop and deliver the necessary curriculum; and measure the effectiveness our clients’ training efforts to ensure they optimize the return on their training investment.
No one would take a whitewater kayak through Lava Falls in the Grand Canyon without the proper skills and training necessary to navigate through the rapids. The skills can take years of hard work and effort to develop. Hence, we firmly believe that successfully executing the rapids and turbulence in business today is a direct result of an organization’s ability to recruit, select, engage, develop and retain the talented people necessary to execute effectively, in real time, at the speed of light.
The ability to develop people is key. Few people who walk through the doors of their employers have all the skills necessary to be effective. They need the right developmental opportunities, at the right time, in the right place, delivered the right way.
Many people in organizations believe that training is a waste of time, energy and money. And, frankly, it often is…when the audience is wrong or the timing, content, place or delivery of the developmental activity is off-the-mark. This wastes resources that should be targeted toward productive tasks.
Fortunately, education and development in most organizations can be much more effective. Our process for doing so includes:
- Fully understanding the organization’s business goals and strategies.
- Understanding how these business goals and strategies tie directly to the skills and competencies to be developed by individuals and groups of people.
- Building, buying, acquiring etc. appropriate courseware or making other developmental efforts that best build the needed skills and competencies while cutting out wasted material.
- Helping clients effectively implement their People Development strategy.
- Rigorously evaluating the outcomes of your learning efforts to ensure they contribute to business objectives set out in the first step.