Succession Planning and Talent Management
WWCG works with our clients to develop the strategies, systems and processes to help our clients ensure they get the right people with the right capabilities and values into the right job role at the right time both now and in the future. We help ensure our clients have a well-thought out strategy for identifying, attracting, developing and retaining the talent necessary for long-term success.
Leadership is the most precious commodity in business today. To succeed organizations must understand the talent requirements for success both today and in the future and have a well-thought out strategy for identifying, attracting, developing and retaining that talent.
Unfortunately, the succession planning process for many companies consists of waiting until a vacancy exists and then placing someone into the job because he or she “is a good person.” Such an approach is haphazard at best and destructive to the organization at worst. With over 20 years experience at developing and executing effective Succession Planning/Talent Management processes, WWCG is well positioned to help our clients ensure they:
Get the right people with the right capabilities and values into the right job role at the right time both now and in the future.
A truly effective succession planning and talent management process must go far beyond identifying which leader is most ready to fit into what box on the organization chart. Organizations must hit a moving target. They must develop a steady flow of qualified people into critical job roles even as the requirements for those roles evolve over time. Through our Succession Planning and Talent Management services, we help our clients:
- Understand the key issues facing the organization
- Assess the implications of those issues on the strategy and design of the organization
- Identify the critical job roles which drive success
- Identify the competencies and capabilities that are, and will be required, as the organization evolves
- Execute fact-based talent management reviews
- Develop Depth Charts for critical leadership roles which reflect the readiness of the talent pool to fill current and future positions
- Identify critical gaps in the talent pool
- Improve the retention of key leaders and “High Potentials”
- Improve the “time to productivity” after promotions or lateral job moves
- Design and implement the leadership development to grow the necessary talent
- Measure the effectiveness of their succession planning and talent management processes so they can continuously improve their efforts